Sunday, May 31, 2015

2 Weeks in Costa Rica

Greetings all!

Just a quick update. So I have been in Costa Rica for the past two weeks.  For those of you who don't know I am currently working for the Earth2o Program (http://theearth2oprogram.com/). This is a sustainable study program taking place in Costa Rica. It is a new program that has some previous reputation and establishment. We are however now creating the program into an institution. What is my part in all of this? I am developing and coordinating the upcoming 12 - day program for students touring in Costa Rica. The focus of the program is focused on water resources.

How did I get here? Well in January 2014 I was a student on a Green Renewable Energy Education Network (GREEN program) taking place here in Costa Rica.  Part of that study abroad program was develop a capstone project--aka an innovative idea based off of all that I had learned on my trip. During that trip with a group of 4 of us, I presented my capstone project called "the BLUE program." As much as my team enjoyed and were passionate to learn about renewable energy, we were more passionate about our water resources. So our BLUE program was to create a similar study abroad program we were on, however focused more on water resources and its local and global issues.

After that presentation JP (one of the program owners, also owner of the Lake Arenal Hotel) invited us all to work on such a program. Over the past 1.5 years I have kept in touch with JP to create such a program.  (Here is the link to check out the hotel where I am staying: http://www.lakearenalhotel.com/)

So here I am now in Costa Rica working on developing and coordinating our upcoming Water's Program. This 12-day trip is apart of the new Earth2o Program/ Institute. So far this has been a really great opportunity for me to learn about coordinating and planning, advertising, business, sustainability, renewable energy and of coarse WATER RESOURCES! And its only been two weeks! So thankful for the opportunity.

Here is a high side view of the lake where I am staying at. This place is absolutely beautiful.


Pura Vida,

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment