Friday, May 22, 2015

Safe Trip to Costa Rica

First of all I just wanted to say that I am safe here in Costa Rica. Thank you to all of my family and friends who had been praying for safe travels for me. I came to find that many of you were far more worried about my safety than I had thought. With this I would like to take the time to better described my trip crossing the boarder.

The trip was smooth sailing with no glitches. I took a Ticca Bus, a bus much like our American Greyhound, ran under a professional Costa Rican travel service. With that being said, the service was accustomed to taking their customers across the boarder and helping us all with those processes. Rebecca took me to the bus stop at 7:30am, and my bus left at 8am. From there it took 2 hours to drive to the boarder. We spent about one hour at the boarder.  There our passports were processed and we had to take all of our luggage off the bus in order to go through a security screening.

During this whole process I had met a white lady from Alabama who spoke English. She has a family in Nicaragua and was familiar with all of the processes. I stuck with her and her family for crossing the boarder. It turns out that they actually lived in Dolores, Nicaragua, the same town I had been living in at CCA! She said I looked familiar. Anyways because of this relationship the whole transition was not stressful, and I felt like I was traveling with family.

It took about another 2 hours to get to my stop in Cañas, Guanacaste, Costa Rica (I arrived at approximately 12:30pm). There was no formal bus stop here so I had to ask the driver to let me off here. Because I didn't have a cell phone I asked a man on the bus if he would let me call JP who was on the other end to pick me up. The man was very kind, and even though I offered to pay to use his phone, he refused. Because of the man's kindness I was able to talk to JP and let him know exactly where I would be dropped off according to where the bus driver had described. Upon being dropped off, JP was there within one minute.  It was all smooth, no glitches, and completely safe. From Cañas we drove 30 minutes to Tileran.

Again thank you for your prayers. I was confident that my God was protecting me the whole way through, and here beyond.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

No comments:

Post a Comment