Friday, May 22, 2015

My Last Day at CCA

My last day in class with the kids of CCA was so sweet. All of the teachers had made me a card. Not only that but I received so many cards and pictures from many students of the school. Fifth grade decided to have a going away party for me. It was a surprise to me! During my time with Fifth grade one of the sweetest things one of the girls said to me before I left was, "Your are so special to me, and you have made a big impact on my life." This really touched me to hear this.

After my party with fifth grade I promised third grade that I would throw them a party. So when I walked into the room with the cookies and punch I had made I opened the door and was welcomed by a big "SURPRISE!" They kids had put balloons all over and had made signs to put all over the walls. Then we ate the snacks I had made. Then I gave them individually the cards I had written for them. I took this as an opportunity to speak identity into them. One by one they would come up and I would tell them and their classmates the good character qualities that I saw in the them as a form of encouragement. This was a really impactful time for all.  After this time we watch a video I had made of them all. Garret had given me a good worship song for kids called, "WE WONT BE QUIET." I had them learn this song in English and we would have fun learning new words and dancing around. One day I had video taped them dancing and singing to this song. I promised them on my last day that we would watch our class music video...so we did! They absolutely loved watching themselves on the screen. All in all it was a fun and joyous goodbye time. I received so many hugs, and notes to last me a life time! I really am going to miss these kids. They will forever be in my heart.

Me and my fifth grade class. The girl in front of me Melissa was the one who took the lead in throwing this party for me. She was keen on doing it and I appreciated her for that!

All of the cards I had written for my 3rd grade class: a means for encouragement.

Last picture with my 3rd grade class. 

Me and Ms. Mierdna (3rd grade teacher)



No comments:

Post a Comment