Monday, April 27, 2015

3rd to Last Week

I can't believe how quickly my time here in Nicaragua is coming to a close. I have three full weeks of school left here at CCA. My biggest question: where has the time gone?

This past weekend Kristie and I took a trip to Ometepe Island, located only about an hour and a half south of Dolores. Like always we were sure to make it an adventure. On Saturday we rented dirt bikes and toured the entire island. This was something I had been looking forward to for the past 9 months of us talking about this trip. It was also neat to take my go-pro and get some good footage of all that we saw on our bikes. On Sunday we hiked to the top of Volcan Concepcion, 4,500 m. It was for sure an adventure, the only way we like to take our breaks and we are definitely tired from it.

This week I will continue my transition with Ms. Mierdna and Giovany. Giovany has been doing great and I am looking to come up with a better plan to help Ms. Mierdna feel more comfortable with teaching english, but we are sure on our way. Also this week we will be having teacher training sessions after school. On Tuesday and Thursday I have been asked to lead more team building exercises. This will play two roles. One is to help the teachers work better as a team, the other is to encourage the teachers to incorporate team building exercises of their own within their classrooms.

Thank you to all who have been praying for me during this time. It is so encouraging to get random e-mails from those of you who have been reminding me of your prayers for me.

Much Love,

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment