Sunday, April 12, 2015

"Get Behind Me Satan" from Mark 8:33


Upon resting while in Pearl Lagoon I was reading in Mark and came across this Mark 8: 33 When Jesus began to predict his death, Peter began to rebuke Jesus for saying such things. Jesus responded, “Get behind me Satan! You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”  God used this passage to speak to me in my moment of frustration and annoyance about my trip not going how we had planned. I had only in mind the way in which I wanted the trip to go, not God. I was in a sense rebuking God for our trip not going as WE wanted it to go. In this moment the Lord told me He wanted to show me something better. Even though I had in mind how our trip should go, God had another route for us to take. That night I journaled asking God, Where will be end up? What shall we see?






No comments:

Post a Comment