Thursday, February 26, 2015

Classroom Fun

Its been a while since I have updated what is going on here in Nicaragua. This week I have been taking class photos and individual photos of all the students at CCA. My last group to take photos of was my third grade class, the class I teach English to 4 days a week. Today they have a test over Los Emotiones/ Emotions and Tiempo/ Time. After I took their individual pictures I got a quick fun group photo of them that I would love to share. They are quite the crew!




I have also mentioned that I teach computer classes. I teach 3rd through 7th grade computers. I have noticed that these classes havn’t learned much structure in how to use basic applications nor have they learned the terms and definitions of computer terms. So this week I have been teaching computer parts, the differences between hard ware and software, how to open and close a word document, how to make a new file, and how to turn the computer on and off properly. The level of how much each student knows about these topics varies from class to class. Therefore I have been able to either add material or disclude some depending on what they currently know. I also took some photos of me with my 3rd grade class in the computer lab. Kristie and I would like to add some learning visuals to the classroom this coming week. We are thinking to put up a large painting of a keyboard that shows the correct placement of fingers on the keyboard. I found a colorful picture on pinterest that I think we may use.









Beyond teaching English to the kids I have taken every opportunity to teach English to teachers here. Its something that they are eager to learn, but also need a lot of encouragement to learn. In the teacher room when I prepare classes I have been helping David (the PE teacher) to learn the vocabulary and phrases I am teaching to third grade class.  He doesn’t know too much now, but in due time hopefully we can get him to speak more English.



1 comment:

  1. What precious photos! You look radiant, my friend! Thanks for giving a peek into your life down there. :)

    ReplyDelete