Saturday, January 24, 2015

Teacher Training

Yesterday I was able to hang out with and meet most of the teachers of Carazo Christian Academy. We all left for Lagoon de Apollo, approximately  45 min away from the school. The place we went to was the home of a retired missionary family who has come to live in Nicaragua to train and equip Nicaraguan pastors. The pastor had been a pastor in New York for 30 years with his family and wife before coming to serve here in Nicaragua. They opened their home to us the other day in order for us all to have a teacher training day in a nice location.

During our time we played some team building games. This was also a great time for me to get to know the teachers of whom I will be working with. We also had a DELICIOUS Korean lunch cooked by Susana. I couldn't stop eating the marinated meat! The lake was beautiful and warm. Time didn't allow for us to swim this time, however the family has invited those of us who live in the mission house to come back again for a weekend.



This is Jundi, the missionaries Korean dog. We became friends real quick.

A quick pic in front of Lagoon de Apollo. Behind me I spotted kayak rentals. Something I will definitely be coming back to. The water here is also very warm, another reason to come back!

 Here I took a photo with some of the teachers. I am terrible with names so the ones I can remember here include Oscar, Raquel, and Daniel. Hopefully I can get those names down here soon :/

 I initiated una pictura divertida....some caught on!


This is my new friend Rebecca. She is Korean and has been serving at the school for one year now, and has committed to another. We have connected quickly already considering our love for the outdoors and adventure! We have already talked about taking weekend trips to go zip lining, kayaking and scuba diving. I am excited to get to know her more and to live life in service together. While taking photos we both began laughing at our cultures norms for taking pictures. We have overstated them here: American = arm on the hip ; Asian = peace signs for dayzzz :D

After a long day I went to bed early back at the In2 Mission house on the school grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment